Last updated: 2 December 2016
Geo. H. Bishop & Co. back saw - 12" blade - 16 tpi - steel back - closed beech handle
The George H. Bishop & Co. produced saws of excellent quality first at it's plant in Cincinnati, Ohio from the early 1880s until 1899 and subsequently in Lawrenceburg, Indiana until the company's merger with the James Ohlen & Sons Saw Mfg, Co. of Columbus, Ohio in 1920.
The winged greyhound trademark was recognized as a symbol of quality and excellence throughout the company's existence.
Geo. H. Bishop & Co. etching
Beech closed handle with medallion and two rivets
G. H. Bishop & Co.
PAT. DEC 27 1887
(Winged Greyhound trade mark)